- Dish type
- No cook starters
This is a light starter or snack that gets its kick from jalapeno chillies. Finely chop the jalapenos and sprinkle them over the tortillas to taste.
203 people made this
- 3 avocados - peeled, stone removed and mashed
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 12 corn or flour tortillas
- 1 bunch fresh coriander, finely chopped
- jarred jalapeno chillies, drained and chopped, to taste
MethodPrep:10min ›Cook:5min ›Ready in:15min
- Preheat oven to 160 C / Gas mark 3.
- In a medium bowl, mix avocados, onions and garlic.
- Wrap tortillas in aluminium foil, and place in the preheated oven 2 to 5 minutes, until heated through.
- Spread tortillas with the avocado mixture, and fold into a wrap. Garnish with coriander and sprinkle with jalapeno chillies.
If you want to make this into a main, serve with chargrilled chicken fillets, tomato and salad inside of the wrap.
Reviews & ratingsAverage global rating:(200)
Reviews in English (136)
I loved this recipe, even my strictly carnivorous boyfriend enjoyed it. I brush the outside of the tortillas with a olive oil-lime juice mixture before throwing them in the oven and left them there for a little longer than the recipe called for. I garnished the tacos with some pico de gallo, chili peppers and sour cream.-13 Apr 2007
by Kym Cox Surridge
This is a good idea, but it's a little boring as is. It's not much more than guacamole in a tortilla. I love avocados and eat them plain all the time, but if they're in a taco, I'd like to have other ingredients, such as tomato, lettuce, and maybe some black beans.-21 Jun 2006
I thought this recipe was bland, but fun to play with. I added some shredded cheese to the tortillas and then warmed them. I added some chopped onion and tomato, and lemon juice to the avacado mixture. I also serve them with mexican rice. my hubby, and 16 month old love them, and so do I!!-22 Jul 2004
Quick 10 Minute Chicken and Avocado Roll-ups
Healthy quick tortilla roll-ups loaded with grilled chicken, avocado, cheese, tomato and sour-cream. These tasty chicken & avocado roll ups are packed full of flavor and make a great appetizer or snack and are a great way to use up leftover chicken! Avocado season is in and I just can&rsquot wait to load up on this delicious super food. Not that I haven&rsquot been cooking with avocados all year, but now it&rsquos just so much better not paying $2 for an avocado.
These chicken and avocado roll ups are a great way to pack some nutritious avocado into your diet. They are very similar to my popular chicken and avocado wraps, that have been pinned more than 2M+ times, yes over TWO MILLION times, I know crazy! I just never knew everyone loved avocados as much as I do!
It all starts with grilled chicken breasts. I personally like to spice my chicken breasts with lots of taco seasoning and grill on the stove-top until charred, but any type of cooked chicken will work great as well. Leftover rotisserie chicken, shrimp or any type of protein is also good!
The next big thing in this recipe is obviously the avocado. To make the best possible wraps, you will need perfectly ripe avocados. Picking avocados at the supermarket can be very tricky because they are either too hard or over-ripe. To find the best avocado, gently squeeze the avocado without applying pressure. If the avocado yields to firm gentle pressure, you know it&rsquos ripe and ready-to-eat. If the avocado does not yield to gentle pressure, then it&rsquos still firm and will be good to eat after a day or two. On the other hand, if the avocado feels mushy then it may be over-ripe.
After you&rsquove found the perfect avocado, cut it up and combine it with diced cooked chicken, sour-cream, cheese, tomato, cilantro, lime and salt + pepper. Spread on a soft tortilla and roll up then cut into wheels. Alternatively, you can wrap the tortillas into a burrito and pan sear in a teaspoon of oil for a crispy crust. Enjoy these roll-ups warm or cold!
Sandwich Wraps with Asparagus and Avocado Recipe
Sandwich wraps with Asparagus and Avocado are fabulous and also low-fat and low calorie! Serve these sandwich wraps for lunch or at a party on the appetizer buffet. They are easy-to-make and are sure to impress your guests. Use different tortillas for a variety of colors to make a nice display. You can also choose to use low-fat or multi-grain tortillas for healthier options. I love the fresh taste that the lime and cilantro bring out in this sandwich.
My neighbor, Roxanne Sienkiewicz of Beaverton, Oregon made this wonderful Asparagus and Avocado Wraps for our Gourmet Dinner Group.
For more great Low Fat Recipes, Low Calorie Recipes, Low Carbohydrate recipes, and Diabetic Recipes, check out my Diet Recipe Index. Also check out my Nutritional Chart for fat grams, carbohydrate grams, and calories for all your favorite foods.
- 3 tablespoons light mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 dash hot pepper sauce (such as Tabasco®)
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 7 ounces cooked shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 4 Boston lettuce leaves
- 4 (9 inch) whole wheat tortillas
- 1 ripe avocado - peeled, pitted, and cut into 8 wedges
Mix mayonnaise, ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, and hot pepper sauce in a bowl. Season with salt and ground black pepper to taste. Add shrimp mix well.
Heat a skillet or grill pan over high heat pan-fry tortillas one at a time, cooking until softened and browned, about 10 seconds per side.
Center a Boston lettuce leaf on each warm tortilla. Add shrimp mixture top each with 2 avocado wedges. Fold tortillas at the ends to enclose filling, roll up, and cut in half diagonally to serve.
What ingredients do you need for a Spinach and Avocado wrap?
The best part about this recipe is that it requires very few ingredients that are so basic they may already be part of your weekly grocery run! You can also customize this based on your personal preferences. If you aren’t a fan of spicy flavors sub the pepper jack for a sharp cheddar or Colby jack.
- Tortilla (I use mission gluten free)
- Pepper Jack Cheese
- Fresh Spinach
- Sour Cream
What is a TikTok Tortilla Wrap?
Just like a regular tortilla wrap, this dish is made using a tortilla and fillings of your choice. The difference is how you handle these components. Instead of rolling the fillings and tortilla into the traditional wrap shape, you will be folding a wrap.
You’ll start by cutting a slit to the middle of your tortilla until you reach the center. Fill each quarter of the wrap with your favorite fillings. Finally, you will start folding a wrap with a tortilla.
Fold each quarter onto itself until you are left with a layered triangle-shaped wrap. You can then eat your wrap as-is or use your favorite toaster to take it to the next level.
You can fill these wraps with any ingredients. Whether you want a savory wrap for lunch or a sweet wrap to satisfy your sweet tooth cravings, these TikTok tortilla wraps are a perfect choice.
- 1½ cups cooked great northern beans or 1 (15-ounce) can, rinsed and drained
- 1 tablespoon liquid aminos (or tamari or soy sauce)
- 1 tablespoon white balsamic vinegar
- 1 large or 2 small avocados, halved
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley or cilantro, if preferred
- 1 tablespoon diced canned green chiles
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- Sea salt
- Freshly gound black pepper
- 2 lavash wraps or large wheat tortillas
- 1 to 2 Roma tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 2 large handfuls of baby spinach
Recipe: BLT & Avocado Wraps
Welcome to a new, healthier version of the classic BLT!
Swap the gluten and carbs in traditional bread for Paleo coconut wraps or brown rice tortillas, and pump up the nutrient content by trading watery iceberg for the crunch of baby spinach or peppery arugula.
The final step in our upgrade? Add creamy avocado slices for great texture and flavor, plus a boost of omega-3s for your heart and brain health.
The end result is a nutritious, delicious wrap is a perfect part of a healthy lunch or dinner, along with Chipotle Deviled Eggs, Garlic Hummus with Lentil Chips, or Fresh Fruit with Cinnamon Almond Butter.
- . More Delicious Recipes Coming Soon
Photo of Avocado is by Jessica Alpern and is used by permission under the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.0 Generic (CC BY-NC-ND 2.0) License. Thank you, Jessica. Great Picture. Photos may be “representative” of the recipe and not the actual finished dish. All photo licenses listed were correct at the time of the posting of the page. Additional Information Courtesy of The Disney Wiki and Wikipedia and is used by permission.
Pin this Recipe Pin Here width
Avocado and Spinach Chicken Salad Wraps
A unique chicken salad that is so tasty and is served in a wrap with fresh spinach and avocado. The chicken salad is creamy and has lots of crisp and crunchy ingredients.
2 chicken breasts, bone in, skin on
3 – 5 garlic cloves, smashed
1/2 Tablespoon black pepper corns
To Roast the Chicken:
salt, ground black pepper, to taste (do NOT add salt if you brined the chicken)
1/2 Tablespoon dry herb seasoning blend (any combination of garlic powder, onion powder, dry herb – parsley, thyme, rosemary, oregano, basil, etc., paprika, cayenne pepper, coriander, etc)
2 – 3 small cucumber, chopped or julienned
1 – 2 celery stalks, chopped or sliced
1 Tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
1 Tablespoon dijon mustard
1 small onion, minced (you can use green onion instead)
Cooking the Chicken:
- To brine the chicken, dissolve 1/8 cup of table or sea salt in 2 cups of water. Add 3-5 smashed garlic cloves, a bay leaf and 1/2 Tablespoon of black peppercorns to the water. Mix until the salt is completely dissolved.
- It is best to use bone in, skin on chicken breast. This will also help to keep the chicken juicy.
- Add the chicken breast to the brine, making sure it is completely submerged. Let it stand for 30 minutes. Drain the brine and pat the chicken dry with paper towels.
Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
If you don’t want to brine the chicken, that’s fine too. Drizzle the chicken with olive oil, season with salt and ground black pepper. Use salt only if you didn’t brine the chicken. I also use a herb seasoning mix to sprinkle on top of the chicken. Use any combination of dry herbs and spices that you like, such as garlic powder, onion powder, dry basil, parsley, thyme, rosemary, oregano, paprika, cayenne pepper, etc.
Roast the chicken in the oven until it reaches 165 degrees Fahrenheit in the center.
Cool the chicken until you can handle it, remove the chicken skin and cut the chicken breast off the bone. Chop the chicken and add it to a large bowl.
Making the Chicken Salad
- Finely chop the onion and pour enough boiling water to completely cover the onions. Let it stand for about 10 minutes. Drain through a sieve, rinsing with cold water.
- While the onions are standing in boiling water, start making the egg crepes.
- Lightly beat one egg in a bowl, adding a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Heat a nonstick skillet, add about a teaspoon of butter or oil. Add the egg, tilting the pan so that the egg covers the whole surface, just like when you’re making crepes. Cook for about a minute the first side and about 30 seconds on the second side. Repeat with the rest of the eggs.
- Stack the egg crepes on top of each other and roll them up tightly. I usually do half at a time. Slice it very thinly into little egg noodles. Run your knife through the egg strips the other way too. You don’t have to cut them too small, since the eggs will break more as you toss the salad together.
- Add the drained onions and the eggs to the bowl with the chicken.
- Julienne the cucumbers and finely mince the celery. Chop the parsley.
- Combine all the ingredients in a bowl, adding the mayonnaise and mustard. Season with salt and ground black pepper if it needs it.
- The chicken salad will stay fresh for up to 3 – 5 days. Keep it refrigerated until you are ready to serve it.
Making the Chicken Salad Wraps
Assemble the wraps right before serving them.
Place about 1/4 – 1/3 cup of the chicken salad in the center of a tortilla. I prefer using flour tortillas, but you can use any tortillas that you like, corn, coconut, whole wheat, etc.
Top the chicken salad with fresh spinach and slices of avocado. Roll the tortilla tightly around the chicken salad and the vegetables.
Did you make this recipe?
Share a photo and tag us — we can’t wait to see what you’ve made!